Fwd: [SCIENCE!!1] Rubber Hand Illusion in VR

Martin Milata b42 at srck.net
Thu Jun 25 23:53:24 CEST 2015

Drop Filip an email if you'd like to become a test subject and
experience some SCIENCE.

----- Forwarded message from Filip Škola <fskola at redhat.com> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:43:12 +0200
From: Filip Škola <fskola at redhat.com>
Subject: [OT] Rubber Hand Illusion in VR
Dear colleagues,

as a part of my diploma thesis topic, I'm doing an experiment called
"rubber hand illusion" [1]. There's a short video describing the
experiment [2].

In our design we don't use hammers, but rather head-mounted display
which re-creates the experiment in virtual reality and augmented
reality environments. Your brain activity will be monitored by an EEG
device. Questionnaires (in English) are filled in between the stages of
the experiment.

It takes place at FI MUNI (Botanicka 68a) and lasts 1-2 hours. If you
don't mind a little bit of conductive gel in your hair and would like
to participate, please let me know.

And after experiencing some "science!", I can give you CSVs with your
own EEG data :)

Regards,
Filip

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_transfer_illusion#Rubber_hand_illusion