new space: cellar vs. ground space

Martin Milata b42 at srck.net
Mon Jul 4 17:07:09 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 03, 2016 at 13:53:59 +0200, Karel Lejska wrote:
> The Vranovská space made me think more about a new space for base48.
>
> Personally I don't enjoy spending more time in a cellar space. It's
> because of missing daylight and higher humidity, I think. From my
> viewpoint cellar is good only for casual meetings, taking medicaments
> and listening to loud noises. It's not so good for more hours of
> everyday serious work. However, I know that some members stand up for a
> cellar space and I respect it.
>
> For me, for example brmlab space fits me best because it is a ground
> space or actually half-ground space that makes it more affordable, and
> it is close to the city center at the same time.
>
> And in my opinion, non-cellar space would be also more attractive for
> new members.
>
> I'd like to know your opinion on:
>
> 1. How much do you insist on a cellar space?

As someone who have lived in one for a year let me say: fuck cellars:)
IOW I'm slightly in favour of non-cellar space.

> 2. Suburb non-cellar space is cheaper. How important is the location for
> you? Can you imagine Řečkovice/Komárov/whatever further district?

I think it should be reasonably close to the center, or at least have
good accessibility with public transport. Something like "at most 15
minutes by night bus from the railway station".

> 3. Are you willing to pay higher member fees for brighter, more aerial
> space? Can you say how much exactly?

I am willing to pay for that, not sure what's the right amount though.
We probably shouldn't go over 1000 CZK.